2 pounds fresh asparagus
1 large zucchini cut into 2 inch strips (about same size as asparagus)
Pinch of coarse roasted garlic sea salt (http://shop.cheflippe.com/roasted-garlic-salt/)
Pinch of fresh ground pepper
1 ½ cups freshly grated cave aged cheddar cheese (http://shop.cheflippe.com/cave-aged-cheddar/)
1 cup of plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons melted salt free butter
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450, line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut tops off stems making them bite size. (save stem bottoms to use in soup later)
- Poke holes in each asparagus and zucchini with a fork and toss with roasted garlic salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, fresh pepper, cayenne pepper and butter in bowl.
- Whip egg whites and honey in bowl until egg whites form soft peaks. Transfer to a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Coat asparagus and zucchini in eggs whites and then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture on top of asparagus and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown.