Pineapple and cheese casserole
This will be a family favorite! We served it at family picnics with the meal but it is sweet enough to be a dessert and goes great with turkey and ham.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans of pineapple chunks in their own juice
- 2 ½ cups shredded (my family likes a little spice so we use cranberry and chipotle cheddar cheese http://shop.cheflippe.com/cranberry-chipotle-cheddar/)
- 8 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 8 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 30 buttery round crackers (I use Ritz), crushed
- ½ cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine pineapple chunks, cheese, pineapple juice, flour and sugar, spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix melted butter with crushed crackers sprinkle on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes