By Chef Lippe
Makes about 30
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confection sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil to fry them in
- Beat the ricotta and eggs until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Heat the pan with about an inch of oil.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter into the oil, DO NOT make doughnuts too big, they will puff up on cooking. Turn them over when they get golden brown. Make sure your oil is not to hot so they do not burn.
- Place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with sprinkled confection sugar.