By Chef Lippe
One way to get your kids to eat their vegetables is to hide them in cheese and pasta! This sauce taste good over any flavor of fresh pasta, however, a spinach or basil is my favorite, but even store bought pasta will taste great with this sauce.
½ medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cups vegetable stock
½ cup of half and half
2 teaspoons flour
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon dried sage
½ teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, and stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the vegetables are cooked about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add your half and half. Use an immersion blender or transfer to counter top blender and blend until smooth. Add flour and whisk into the sauce. Turn the heat back on and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in your coriander, nutmeg, sage, salt and pepper. Add cheddar and stir until smooth.
- Serve over pasta of your choice. (I like spinach and garlic).