By Chef Lippe
For to nights Farmers Market in Orlando I am making my favorite! Baked Stuffed Lemons. If your in the area come and get a taste!
- 3 nice yellow juicy lemons
- 4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 12 oven-roasted or soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 black olives
- 12 large or 24 small Basil leaves
- 6 slivers of anchovies
- 1 – 2 dried red chilies, crumbled (optional)
- French bread to make crostini
- Olive oil
- Line an oven tray with grease proof paper and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry lemons and slice pointy ends off the top and base, being careful not to slice right through – you want the lemons to collect the cooking juices and not leak away.
- Slice each lemon in the middle to give two halves. Using a knife, cut round the edge of the lemon and try your best to scoop out the inside being careful not to pierce the base (Keep the excised innards for other lemony delights)
- In each lemon half, place a slice of mozzarella in. Add 2 large or 4 small basil leaves on top. Follow that with 2 pieces of oven-roasted tomatoes and stud with 2 olives. Add a sliver of the anchovies, a sprinkling of crumbled dried chilies and finish off with another layer of mozzarella.
- Set all the lemon halves on the tray and place in the center of your oven.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes till the cheese melts………eat with some delicious French bread drizzled with olive oil and toasted.