Carrot Ginger Sauce (makes 1 cup)
By Chef Lippe
Prep Time: 15 minutes,
Cook Time: 15 minutes,
Total Time: 30 minutes,
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and carrots.
- Cover and cook until carrots are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and add the miso, tahini and water.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve tossed with pasta, soba, udon noodles or rice.
*Stays fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Accompaniments: Soba Noodles, Brown Rice, Pasta