By Chef Lippe
Try my adult version of Mac ‘n Cheese with a nice spicy twist. We use handmade artisan chorizos from our store that are nice and spicy, add an extra hot special blended chipotle powder (also from our store). Then to make this dish melt in your mouth we used an artisan cheddar cheese that has a creamy sharp bite, mixed our milk with heavy cream and added a little Monterey Jack cheese just to round out the flavors. If you like it extra hot try Chef Lippes special blend of dry mustard powder that has the extra kick of wasabi and can be found in our condiments section. Just click on the links to find them in our store and use the code “blog” to receive free shipping.
Chorizo Chipotle Mac ’n Cheese
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces chorizo, crumbled
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 pound sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ pound Jack Cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté chorizo until browned (removed from casing/crumbled). Set aside.
- Lower heat and melt butter. Add flour, whisking for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a simmer, continuing to whish constantly. While stirring, add mustard and chipotle pepper, and cheese (save ½ cup for topping).
- Pour drained pasta into the cheese sauce and toss to combine. Transfer to 3 quart casserole dish. Top with chorizo, reserved cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
If you like this recipe please show your support and like us on Facebook.