By Chef Lippe
- 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables (we used zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, carrots & mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bag of your favorite fresh pasta (we used tri color with garlic)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Chop all vegetables and arrange in a casserole dish. Drizzle with your favorite olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes.
Add fresh pasta to roasted veggies and mix to distribute.
Add marinara sauce and ricotta cheese and mix again to evenly distribute.
Cover the top of the dish with shredded mozzarella and sharp cheese.
Cook at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Filed under Chef Lippe, eggplant, Food, Food blog, Mozzarella, olive oil, Pasta, recipes, Ricotta, tomatoes, zucchini
Cayenne and cheese asparagus and zucchini casserole.
2 pounds fresh asparagus
1 large zucchini cut into 2 inch strips (about same size as asparagus)
Pinch of coarse roasted garlic sea salt (http://shop.cheflippe.com/roasted-garlic-salt/)
Pinch of fresh ground pepper
1 ½ cups freshly grated cave aged cheddar cheese (http://shop.cheflippe.com/cave-aged-cheddar/)
1 cup of plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons melted salt free butter
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450, line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut tops off stems making them bite size. (save stem bottoms to use in soup later)
- Poke holes in each asparagus and zucchini with a fork and toss with roasted garlic salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, fresh pepper, cayenne pepper and butter in bowl.
- Whip egg whites and honey in bowl until egg whites form soft peaks. Transfer to a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Coat asparagus and zucchini in eggs whites and then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture on top of asparagus and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown.