By Chef Lippe
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND RECEIVE A FREE ENTRY FOR ONE OF CHEF LIPPES GOURMET MUSTARD SETS.
This set includes 3 of Chef Lippes custom blended mustards.
Black Garlic mustard
Extremely hot mustard mix
Mustard mix with mushrooms
1. Receive one entry for a “like” on facebook
2. Receive one entry for every follow on twitter
3. Receive two entries for every purchase made by June 30th
4. Receive two entries for every re-tweet made by you in June
5. Drawing will be done at 4pm July 1st, the old fashioned way (you name in a hat for each like, follow, re-tweet, or purchase). Not available to family members.
6. We will send you an email to get your address for shipping.
7. Any questions just send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Garlic Ice Cream the new chocolate!
by Chef Lippe
When served in a blind taste test our testers could not tell the difference between the chocolate ice cream and the Black Garlic. Why eat black garlic ice cream? In ancient times Black garlic was rumored as the hidden fountain of life. It is has been proven to lower cholesterol and believed to help the body fight cancer. It has 18 different amino acids that are required by the body to improve skin tone, make shiny hair and reduce wrinkles.
So if you need to eat ice cream at least have an ingredient that is good for you!
• 1 quarts half-and-half cream
• 1 quart whole milk
• 1/2 pint heavy cream
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 8 cloves of black garlic
1. Combine 1 cup of whole milk with black garlic in food processor. Process on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add remaining half-and-half, cream, sugar, vanilla and sea salt process on high for 2 minutes.
3. Pour in to freezer container of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
By Chef Lippe
Black Ink Squid Linguini in lemon black garlic and anchovy sauce
- ¼ pound freshly made black squid linguini
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 1 flat anchovy fillet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- A pinch of dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan with more served with meal
Fill 6 quart pan ¾ full of water bring to boil for pasta. Thinly slice garlic and finely chop anchovy. Cook pasta until almost al dente (with fresh pasta a minute or less). Drain pasta and save 1½ cup of water. In a 12 inch heavy skillet cook garlic in oil over moderate heat stirring until golden. Remove skillet from heat stir in anchovy, zest, red pepper flake, black garlic and add ½ cup pasta water.
Add pasta to garlic mixture and cook over moderately high heat, tossing and if necessary add more pasta water to keep pasta moist, about 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Add minced parsley and grated cheese toss and serve with additional parmesan on the side.
By Chef Lippe @ shop.cheflippe.com
Black Garlic Properties
This blog will get a little technical because black garlic has ten times the benefits of regular garlic and so many other properties. It has the ability to help your body fight CANCER, to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow. This is just a short list of its benefits. Millions of Americans are taking garlic pills because of they believe in the health benefits. Now there is a product that is 10 TIMES stronger!
The taste is fruity and does not taste like garlic at all. It has the consistency of a dried fruit, so it is like eating raisins. The fermented garlic can be used in or on anything from ice cream, pizza to any savory meal. We have made ice cream with it and the kids loved it, our curry paste is a hit every time we serve it. It has been used on shows like Top Chef and Chopped.
You can get black garlic in its natural state (garlic bulb that you need to peel), already peeled, in paste, in powder, in pill form and as a liquid. This very versatile little gem is not only good for you but can be used in any food preparation.
For all the health benefits it is best to take in pill form to ensure that you get enough each day.
- 18 Essential Amino Acids – (Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cyctine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, L-hydroxybutyrate, Tryptophan, Serine, Proline, Glycine, Glutamine, Aspargine, Alanine, Histidine and Valine).
- Vitamins B-1, B-2 B-6, C and E
- Supper Oxide Dismutase, (SOD)
- S-Alycisteine (SAC)
- Prostaglandins E1 (This series of prostaglandins relax blood vessels, improve circulation, lowers blood pressure, decrease inflammation, improves nerve function, regulates calcium and metabolism, improve T-cell functions, may be beneficial for some patients with erectile dysfunction and lastly, prevents the release of something called “arachidonic acid” from cells. Arachidonic acid, or AA, is what Series 2 prostaglandins, or the “bad” prostaglandins, are made from)
- Fructan (Fructans are polymers of fructose and are naturally produced by 15% of flowering plant species and consist of inulin other selected vegetable fibers. They are known to strengthen the immune system support a healthy circulatory (blood) system in that they lower total cholesterol in the blood, lower low-density lipoproteins (LDL), and lower triglycerides, while raising high-density lipoproteins (HDL). Research has shown shrinkage of cancerous tumors, and blood diseases. Fructans have established their efficacy in decreasing cancers of the colon.
- They do not require insulin for digestion (and therefore do not produce an energy depression before or after digestion as sucrose and glucose. Hyperglycemia inhibitors when taken to replace the natural conventional sugars due to the absence of blood-glucose spikes, and have sixty-two and one-half percent (62.5%) fewer calories than other carbohydrates such as starches, fructose, glucose, and sucrose.
- Fermentation by the human colonic microflora leads to a shift in the composition of the indigenous bacterial ecosystem, in favor of health-promoting bifidobacteria. In addition to their dietary fiber effects on improved bowel regularity, several physiological advantages are linked to their specific pattern of fermentation in the colon, including improved mineral absorption, enhanced natural host defenses and colonic protection, improved gut health, and beneficial influence on appetite regulation.
Our next blog will have more about black garlics ability to fight cancer, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol and more.