By Chef Lippe
Pineapple BBQ Glazed Spare Ribs
Day Before Prep (20 minutes) Cooking time next day 4 hours
Remove the thin membrane from the slab of ribs by slicing into it and pulling it off. (This will make the ribs more tender) Generously apply Chef Lippe’s Dry Rub on both sides of ribs, pressing gently to have spices adhere to meat.
Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit overnight in refrigerator.
Chef Lippe’s Dry Rub Recipe
1 tablespoon Flavored Sea Salt with roasted garlic http://shop.cheflippe.com/roasted-garlic-salt/
½ cup Brown sugar
1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon Chef Lippe’s Hot Chili Powder mix
¼ cup Smoked Paprika (hot)
1 teaspoon Coriander
1 teaspoon Ginger
1 tablespoon Chef Lippe’s Dry Mustard Mix
Step 3 BBQ Day
Light one side of the grill, heating to 250 degrees (low heat), leave other side unlit. Place rib slabs meat side up over unlit side and grill, covered for 2 to 2 ½ hours, maintaining temperature inside the grill. (DON’T keep opening lid! Just walk away and forget about them for 2 hours)
Remove slabs from grill and place meat side down, on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (can be double layered). Cover with ½ cup of liquid BBQ Glaze. Wrap tightly in foil and return to unlit side of grill (make sure meat side is down) Cook covered for 1 hour.
Chef Lippe’s Liquid BBQ Glaze
½ cup Pineapple juce
½ cup Mango juice
1 ½ teaspoon balsamic vingar
1 Tablespoon Dry Rub mix
1 ½ teaspoon minced garlic
Remove ribs from grill, unwrap, and discard foil. Brush sweet liquid BBQ glaze on both sides of the slab. Grill covered with lid closed for 15 minutes or until caramelized.
- 4 Pork Belly Sausages cooked and sliced http://shop.cheflippe.com/pork-belly-sausage/
- 4 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 cups cubed)
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- Potato Salad Dry Rub
- Potato Salad Dressing
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Cook bacon, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Add potatoes, onion, and Potato Salad Dry Rub to hot drippings in skillet, tossing to coat. Remove potato mixture with a slotted spoon.
- 3. Grill potato mixture, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat in a grill wok or metal basket 30 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add Potato Salad Dressing, and toss to coat. Stir in bacon. Garnish, if desired. Serve warm.
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
Potato Salad Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
To find more recipes and high quality gourmet products visit us at shop.cheflipp.com Receive a free shipping with any order enter promotion code “BLOG”